Mahoney Mortgage will help to make the home buying experience easy. Here are the steps in the purchase process.
1. Check your credit report and score.
You are entitled to one free credit report every 12 months from each agency:
www.annualcreditreport.com or by calling Toll Free: 1-877-322-8228. It is a good idea to check it throughout the year to catch any mistakes that could cause issues when applying for a loan.
2. Get pre-approved by a lender.
Mahoney Mortgage will work to provide a pre-approval letter fast, to get you started on your journey to homeownership. Most realtors will not work with clients until the pre-approval is provided.
3. Find a Real Estate Agent
Choose a Realtor that understands your goals and matches your personality. Mahoney Mortgage works with the top Realtors in Richmond. We are happy to offer a referral to a few realtors for you to choose from.
4. Start looking at homes.
With a preapproval and clear goals, the process of looking at for your home should be fun. Enjoy the process! The more homes you look at you will find things you love or hate about each home, which will help you find the perfect home.
5. Choose home.
6. Make an offer.
7. Home Inspection.
8. Get Insurance and establish utilities
9. Closing – At closing you will sign papers, and read, and sign even more papers. You are close to the finish line now.
10. Move-in – Welcome Home! – Congratulations! You bought your home! All the handwork has paid off and you are ready to move in and start enjoying your home.